Joy to the world,
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Joy to the world,
Saturday, December 26, 2009
I have been on maternity leave for the last 12 months and I have to return to work in 3 weeks time. I am beginning to prepare myself for spending chunks of time away from my almost-11 month old. I am finding myself thinking more about the tasks and responsibilities I will have to take up in my job.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Being given 2 slow cookers for my birthday. (I'm already a bit of a leisurely dinner maker, but this will be ridiculous.) Oh, the pressure of being asked 'What would you like for your birthday?'
Our church prayer meeting.
Reading Isaiah 51:7-8
“Listen to me, you who know right from wrong
you who cherish my law in your hearts.
Do not be afraid of people’s scorn,
nor fear their insults.
8 For the moth will devour them as it devours clothing.
The worm will eat at them as it eats wool.
But my righteousness will last forever.
My salvation will continue from generation to generation.”
There are so many things I do not say, about right and wrong and God's law, because I fear scorn or insults (or even that people might not like me). Sharp as a two-edged sword for me.
Watching Costa's Garden Odyssey (my new favourite TV show). I learnt what a permablitz is and wondered again if the creator of the universe would rate a mention in the 'Zen Shed' segment (garden spirituality). I don't think He's alt.cool enough.
Costa's beard is incredible, but he spoke to a Sikh banana and blueberry farmer from Woolgoolga who matched it.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.” Psalm 46:10
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
- They are loved
- Family is a safe place
- Learning something new is good
- It's possible to make most things at home
- It's OK to be scared, sad or angry
- To listen
- To handle being wrong
- To laugh
- To be generous
- To love other people
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Sunday, May 31, 2009
- I think we all hunger for significance and meaning in our lives.
- Even the most adventurous of us need a little safety and security to be happy.
- We all need to matter to someone and be connected to others - whether our family is a blood one or a friendship based one it is such a deep anchor for our identity.
- People get fired up when they see injustice - seeing justice done and people respected, is important to us.
- Laughter brings a bond and understanding between people and being able to laugh at oneself is both freeing and healing.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles. (Romans 3:10-23)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
- admiration for the thoughts that other people so eloquently express,
- other people's ideas seeming a infinitely more original than my own (let's face it I've never thought them before),
- a fear of being trivial,
- a fear of being self-obsessed,
- the knowledge that no-one actually reads what I have written.